The COVID-19 pandemic may have put a spotlight on the pervasiveness of infectious diseases, but it also brought into sharp focus the resilience of ID specialists and the critical role they play in reducing the burdens of diseases that affect us all.
As we celebrate the IDSA Foundation’s 20th anniversary this year, we celebrate not only the impact the Foundation and its members have made in the past, but the part they are currently playing in mitigating today’s pandemic and preparing us for the next. Our new 2019-2020 annual report celebrates these ID heroes by telling their stories – stories of facing their own fears, putting their own lives on the backburner and setting their own health aside for the good of those around them.
The report includes:
- Four stories from the front lines of the pandemic that reach into patient care, vaccine development, public health education, testing, health equity, research and more. Infographics on the global impact of infectious diseases and the progress made by ID specialists.
- Infographics on the global impact of infectious diseases and the progress made by ID specialists.
- An alarming look into the ID workforce shortage — and what’s being done to mitigate it.
- The impact of the Foundation’s programs on current issues that exist within the ID specialty, including the need to diversify the field.
- Interviews with researchers, mentors and students who are the ID leaders of today and tomorrow.
- Specific ways you can support us in our journey to reduce the burdens of infectious diseases worldwide.
- And much more!
Whether you are an established ID professional, a researcher, an eager student, a company looking to expand its corporate social responsibility program, or simply a concerned global citizen, we hope this report will inspire you to salute the work of ID heroes and get involved to ensure a strong ID workforce for generations to come.
Click here to download the IDSA Foundation’s 2019-2020 interactive annual report.