Mentorship can be a critical segue into the field of ID, giving mentees important insights from experienced ID professionals, and offering mentors the satisfaction of supporting a young professional following in their footsteps. This program fosters effective mentor/mentee interactions that incorporate three key elements: professional development, education, and a vision for the mentee’s future career.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Applicants must be medical students, residents, PharmD students, or PharmD residents in an accredited medical school, residency, in the United States, Mexico, or Canada
- Mentees must be registered for the Virtual IDWeek meeting to participate in the program
- Preference is given to mentees who have previously never participated in program
- Mentor applicants must be Fellows or Post ID Fellowship to participate as a mentor
- Mentors must be registered for the Virtual IDWeek to participate in the program
- Our Mentorship Program mentors are valuable resources to emerging ID leaders. As a mentor, you are expected to share your knowledge and professional experiences with your mentees, try to answer questions they may have about the field and look for ways to offer personalized learning experiences for your mentee
Applications are OPEN!
- July 7: Application Opens for Mentors & Mentees
- August 18: Application Period Closes
- Week of August 30th: Mentee & Mentor Pairs Notified
- Virtual IDWeek Mentorship Happy Hour: Thursday, September 23rd @ 7:30 – 9:00PM ET
- Virtual IDWeek Mentorship Luncheon: Tuesday, September 28th @ 1:15 – 2:45PM ET
- October: Post IDWeek Questionnaire Due