IDWeek Mentorship Program
Mentorship can be a critical segue into the field of ID, giving mentees important insights from experienced ID professionals and offering mentors the satisfaction of supporting a young professional following in their footsteps. This program fosters effective mentor/mentee interactions that incorporate three key elements: professional development, education and a vision for the mentee’s future career.
The 2022 application period for the 2022 IDWeek Mentorship Program will close August 19, 2022.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Back to Fellowships, Grants & Programs >
- Applicants must be medical students, residents, PharmD students or PharmD residents in an accredited medical school or residency in the U.S., Mexico or Canada.
- Preference is given to mentees who have never participated in program.
- Mentor applicants must be fellows or post ID fellowship to participate as a mentor.
- Mentors must be registered for the IDWeek to participate in the program.
- Our Mentorship Program mentors are valuable resources to emerging ID leaders. As a mentor, you are expected to share your knowledge and professional experiences with your mentees, try to answer questions they may have about the field and look for ways to offer personalized learning experiences for your mentee.
- April 12, 2022: Application opens for mentors and mentees
- August 19, 2022: Application period closes
- Week of September 2, 2022: Mentee and mentor pairs notified
- TBD: IDWeek Mentorship Happy Hour
- October 19, 2022 at 12:00pm ET: IDWeek Mentorship Luncheon
- October 20, 2022: Post IDWeek Questionnaire due
Make a Gift
Please consider making a contribution to the IDSA Foundation now or during your IDWeek registration. All donations support the activities and expansion of the Mentorship Program. Join us in sharing all the field of ID has to offer and supporting the next generation of ID experts.